We offer a number of dynamic, engaging and hands-on learning workshops, presentations, courses and sessions that are specifically designed to meet the needs of your program and staff.
There is nothing we love more than talking with others about learning, playing and connecting outdoors, and we have brought our passion to presentations with preschools, public schools (Pro-D Days), Parent Advisory Committees (PAC), universities, recreational centres, town/city councils as well as other interested organizations. These sessions can be held indoors and/or outside, in-person or online, and are available in a number of subject areas, including:
- How to Start/Implement a Nature Education Program in Your School/Centre/Facility
- How to Integrate Nature Education into Your Existing Curriculum
- Requirements for a Successful Nature Education Program
- History, Philosophy & Benefits of Nature Education
- Risky Play: Trusting Children’s Capabilities
- Site Assessment & Risk Management: Exploring the Risk/Benefit Assessment
- Policies & Procedures (safety, weather, wildlife, first aid, etc.)
- Program Supplies, Gear & Resources
- Building Fires & Tool Use: Safety and Implementation (strikers, knives, bow saws, etc.)
- Processing & Reflection Circles
- Team Building Activities & Group Cooperative Games
- Nature-Based Activities Where Physical Distancing is Part of the Fun!
- Nature-Based Activities for Infants and Toddlers
- Nature-Based Activities for Urban Environments
- Local Plant ID/Forage, Forage for Winter Tea & Spring Edibles/Tea/Wildcrafting Workshop
- Nature-Based and/or Seasonal Art & Crafts
- Nature-Based Conflict Resolution for Youth Participants
- Do you have an idea for a topic that isn’t listed? Just ask us!
If you’re interested in welcoming us to present to you and/or your staff, please contact us by clicking the following button so that we can design a presentation that meets your specific needs.
“For the past 5 years, Jarrett has graciously facilitated a talk about Nature Preschools in my Early Childhood Care and Education Certificate class at NIC. He has also welcomed my students to join him in a hands-on presentation in the forest to see the program and all of the benefits for the children, families and the educators. Many of my students have been introduced to the idea of teaching in an outdoor classroom through his presentation and have greatly benefited from understanding how the program runs and seeing the engagement of the children as they explore their natural world!”
“We are so fortunate to have Jarrett facilitate several workshops as we receive many requests for his presentations for CCRR! He is passionate and generous in sharing his vast knowledge.”
“Thank you very much Jarrett. You truly are one of the best presenters I have seen and I have taken so much away from your workshops. I hope to see you presenting again in the future.”
“The webinar that Jarrett facilitated for our families was very comprehensive. It offered in-deep material as well as practical tips, so the families used the information right in their next nature exploration. All the families appreciate Jarrett’s knowledge and expertise on the topic.”